Shower Valve Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

jak9989

Reaction score
I am remodeling my shower and have accidently thrown out the handle and cover plate for my Moen push/pull style shower faucet. I find that Moen no longer sells the Standard valve push/pull model. Can I purchase another single lever Moen faucet and simply replace all parts but the valve itself. In other words, can I place a differnt model Moen cartridge in and handle as a replacement.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You certainly can't change the cartridge type, and the trim from a Positemp or Moentrol will not work with your valve. HOWEVER, Moen and a dozen aftermarket companies make replacements for the TRIM for your valve, and you can even get some in the newer finishes, BN or ORB. Why would you not just replace the whole valve with a modern pressure balanced type??

jak9989

Reaction score
Jimbo...Thanks for the advice. I would have replaced the valve however, I did not discover the parts were tossed until after I had the new cement board and tile up. I don't want to cut it out just to replace the valve. I have found out that Moen still sells a kit to replace the old style push/pull with a newer version.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Moen doesn't make the "simple" valve you have, but the MoenTrol parts, which they still produce, will fit your valve. You can get many different styles and finishes if you check the Moen site, and usually the trim kits are available without buying the entire valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks