Replacing an old water softener system

Users who are viewing this thread

banthony4

Reaction score
I have an old (looks like a Fleck timer valve) water softener system that doesn't seem to be working well - think I need new media and figure its best just to replace the whole thing with a metered system. The question I have is what the risk is in over sizing the system? I have found Fleck 5600 stx on demand systems that look good and the 48,000 grain is only $30 more than the 40,000 grain (calculators say the 40,000 should be adequate). Second question I have is the Vortech tank technology worth another $150?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the media tank and brine tanks are in good shape, upgrade the 5600sxt and new media along with a turbulator.... more resin in same size tank.
Maybe replace the brine float assembly if it is brass with a 2310 plastic..

once done step back and call it good....

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
And if there is already a 5600 in place with the bypass ,, replacing it with a new 5600SXT will marry right up to the Bypass that is already there and no need to change any of the plumbing.

JimClemmer

Reaction score
hello
I am agree with Gary Slusser I think you need to contact with any reliable plumbing company for repair your water softener system

Regards
Jim clemmer

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks