Indentify Cable Outlet

Users who are viewing this thread

Coopns

Reaction score
I am running my cable after putting up new drywall. I don't want to drill a hole through the new floor. I had a look at HD and didn't see one but I have a pic of what I am looking for. I want it wall mounted from the cable. Is that possible or would I have to get a tech in to do it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Assuming this is the 1st floor- you figure out where exactly where you want the jack and then drill up from the basement into the cavity between the walls. You will be drilling through the subfloor and the bottom plate of the wall between 2 studs. On an interior wall one can study the subfloor from below to find the row of nails that are securing the bottom plate to the subfloor. If there is another outlet or heat duct nearby it makes an obvious point to measure from. (I like the cable outlet a few inches from the electric outlet).

If you are unsure of yourself, start with a very tiny (but long) drill bit to make sure you are coming up where you want to be. Small holes are easier to fix/hide if you miss your mark. :p

Coopns

Reaction score
I see what you are saying but as I noted, I'm trying to figure out what that plastic outlet thing is and can I buy it at HD or Lowes. I have the baseboard off and can snake the wire but I don't just want the wire hanging out of the wall. There is currently a cable wire there, running between the baseboard/floor area and I have the baseboard off.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Sorry I jumped ahead of myself. It's a coaxial wall plate and can be found with the rest of the CATV / coaxial fittings at any home store. Can't link to HD here but they are on the website.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks