Flooring strip along shower

Users who are viewing this thread

Mntentman

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I will give it a shot... I am in the midst of redoing a shower, and have removed the 48x32 shower pan and am replacing it with a 48x34 pan. Fits fine but I will need to remove some of the linoleum flooring so the pan will sit level. There is currently a strip along the edge of the flooring that I will need to replace (see photo). Can anyone tell me what that strip is called? I can't seem to find reference to it. Looked at a big box store when I was there this morning for another reason, but didn't see anything. Thanks.

Attachments

• shower2(2010).jpg
    shower2(2010).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 286

Mntentman

Reaction score
Your pic is a bit hard to see clearly, but I think all you have is caulking.

Sorry the pic is not good. It is definitely not chaulk. It is a "U" jointed plastic piece that goes around the flooring. Maybe you can see a little better in this pic. But... maybe when I cut, I can just use caulk where it butts up against the shower base? Or is there another solution.

Attachments

• shower4(2010).jpg
    shower4(2010).jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 279

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You might search on 'cove molding'. That normally is a concave moulding, not a convex one, but it might bring up some hits for you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks