(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Flooring strip along shower

Default Flooring strip along shower

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I will give it a shot... I am in the midst of redoing a shower, and have removed the 48x32 shower pan and am replacing it with a 48x34 pan. Fits fine but I will need to remove some of the linoleum flooring so the pan will sit level. There is currently a strip along the edge of the flooring that I will need to replace (see photo). Can anyone tell me what that strip is called? I can't seem to find reference to it. Looked at a big box store when I was there this morning for another reason, but didn't see anything. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Your pic is a bit hard to see clearly, but I think all you have is caulking.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Swart View Post
    Your pic is a bit hard to see clearly, but I think all you have is caulking.
    Sorry the pic is not good. It is definitely not chaulk. It is a "U" jointed plastic piece that goes around the flooring. Maybe you can see a little better in this pic. But... maybe when I cut, I can just use caulk where it butts up against the shower base? Or is there another solution.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

You might search on 'cove molding'. That normally is a concave moulding, not a convex one, but it might bring up some hits for you.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014