Silica in Virginia, residential well water

Users who are viewing this thread

NickC

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen:

My well is 250' and recently showed high levels of Silica (43.3 ppm). It has left deposits on faucets and tile that cannot be removed. I understand a reverse osmosis system might be in order, but this is for my house and those systems are very expensive. The local drillers are moderately optimistic that drilling a new well will avoid the Silica. I am somewhat limited about how far away I can drill a new well, given the drainfield location. I can probably move about 50-75' from the current well. The drillers have offered to go down to the next strata at 450', but warn there may be other, new problems in going to that depth.

I am going to have the water tested again, but I am quite certain it is indeed Silica given the deposits on the tile and fixtures.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

NickC

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks