Cadet tank/bowl bolt leak

Users who are viewing this thread

nymlake

Reaction score
Just installed a new American Standard Cadet 3. This product has the "Speed Connect System", meaning the tank to bowl bolts are preinstalled by AS. After I installed the new toilet, I notice a slight leak from one of the bolts. I've tightened the problematic bolt slightly a few times to see of that helps, and it doesn't. The other bolt, tightened a similar amount, has no leaks. I noticed these preinstalled bolts have a rubber washer that seems to extend on both sides of the tank as one piece (not 2 separate washers, as I would have expected). Anyone have experience with replacing one of these preinstalled bolts? Seem like if I pull the bolt from the tank for inspection, the preinstalled rubber washer will be screwed up. I'll probably try to re-seat the tank one more time to see if the leak subsides.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks