shallow jet pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

justawop

Reaction score
Hey all, last time I was here it was of great help, i am hoping the same result this time...lol. I am in Northern Ontario, Canada, I draw water from a lake, using a 1/2 hp shallow jet pump. I am afraid my foot valve is frozin in ice, i have lost pressure adn cannot get the pump to prime, took it apart and the impeller seems fine no wear(the pump is only 2 years old). I have tried several times to prime it and it won't take, there is water in the line, but when i cycle the pump on the inlet hose is flattening out due to the suction from the pump. common sense would say it cannot get water through the foot valve? does this sound right? I really don't want to have to cut through a foot of ice and try to locate the foot valve unless i need to!! thanks for your help in advance. Oh and hte water line is heated via a tracer wire running down the pipe, it seems to be operating fine.

Paul

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks