How are these faucet brands?

Which of these faucets is durable and a good choice

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

BellevuePaul

Seasoned DIYer
Reaction score
In doing some reading here, I'm surprised at how well regarded the major american brands are -- it seems like often the popular brands are actually junk. I have my reservations about PP, having just installed a new kitchen faucet that has leaky o-rings if you push up on the faucet arm (it leaks around the base).

My question: for bathroom fixtures, anyone have strong warnings or positives about some of these brands?

Jado (we're looking at the "Glance" lavs and tub'shower)
Dornbracht (ouch, those are expensive)
Hansgrohe
Grohe

I didn't find a single post about Jado, which I think is my favorite, so is no news good news in this case?

Thanks...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucets

If you are referring to Home Depot, Lowes, or similar Price Pfister faucets, then they are not typical of the ones a plumber would install. I have installed countless PP faucets, and use them in my own homes, and have seldom had any problems with them, much less having them require repairs. A for the brands you are asking about, the biggest downside is parts when they do need service and the cost of the parts once you find them.

BellevuePaul

Seasoned DIYer
Reaction score
This was an HD special

It's real sharp looking, but I think I'll probably take it back. I should have known there were two "lines." I hear it's that way with a lot of things, including yard sprinkler components.

The faucet is a single lever, and it has this metal "sleeve" that's between the part that the spout is on and the part that the level is on (so on the "tower" itself, there are three separate ring-like pieces, stacked). That sleeve has some play in it, and the play seems to be part of the problem. My guess is that when you pull upwards on the spout, the spout's sleeve compresses the internal o-rings on one side, and expands them on the other, creating a channel for water. The faucet has to be off for this to happen, and you have to pull a a moderate force, but even so.

The instructions warn against *overtightening*, so it might have been too loosely attached to the sink base initially, but tightening everything up more didn't really help either. It made it harder to make happen, but I dare not tighten any further.

This is kind of a cheapy standin faucet until I gut and redo my whole kitchen anyway, but I was surprised it didn't seem to work right out of the box, at any reasonable price ($100?). :-(

YGWYPF, I guess.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
Faucet

Put a little thought into what's best to do.
Don't waste you'r hard earned income on a faucet because it looks sharp.
Buy one that you believe will work well.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
price fisters

I wont even install them

they are simply junk, hardware store or plumbers special brand

hands down....they are all low end trash....

and YES usually right out of the box they are defective.

I have had that happen to me too, bad right from the start

or have something that is lacking.....

and its almost impossible to get parts.

Yes they look very pretty, and maybe they will last a few

months , but thats about how long you can expect

them to last..before they start falling apart.

Most average plumbers would tell you to
go get a DELTA Faucet. and you will be happy

you simply cant go wrong with DELTA

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks