ASME approved heat exchangers

Users who are viewing this thread

patsfan78

Web Development | HVAC
Reaction score
Website
www.hitechheat.com
What makes a giannoni or any other heat exchanger ASME approved. For example the heat exchangers in a LAARS Mascot or a Baxi. Should the H stamp always be on an ASME heat exchanger or is the H stamp an additional approval on somthing.

I am not refering to a brazed plate heat exchanger. It just kinda funny Gianonni says one thing but the ASME heat exchangers I have seen dont seem to match up to the giannoni ASME exchanger examples.

Is it the welding of the manifold or the welding during the construction of the entire heat exchanger??

The classic heat exchanger is what I have seen on most wall hung boilers but it seems here it does not have an H stamp.

http://www.giannoni.fr/products.php

Thoughts??

Zl700

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
The ASME H stamp on a heat exchanger means that the weight, thickness, material, stress capability, welds and means of assembly meet section Section IV of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vesel Code. These are rules for the construction of heating boilers.

In addition, all ASME "H" Stamp heat exchangers are inspected one by one by a certified ASME technician before the component is used to construct the boiler.

Depending on type, size and weight this whole process with inspection adds $175-$250 to the cost of that exchanger to bear the right to have the "H stamp".

patsfan78

Web Development | HVAC
Reaction score
Website
www.hitechheat.com
The question remains as to why a Baxi says it is ASME and bears the H symbol on its packaging yet no H stamp on the exchanger itself.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks