....yep, it's one of those. Once the work was complete and the shower tiled, we all discovered that the plumbing was set back about 1/4 - 1/2" too far. Now the handles will not fit. I've been using vice grips for over a year, now, and I guess my wife is tired of it. Not to mention, my vice grips are rusty and sometimes I need them.

The handle is designed to go over this plastic piece that has little friction edges. If these two platic pieces were just a tad longer, then I could get the handles on. Anyone know what these things are called, and if they are made in variable sizes?