(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Shower / Tub Selector Leak?

Default Shower / Tub Selector Leak?

Hi this is my first post on the forum - I've never done anything more complicated than replacing a washer on a compression faucet so please excuse any ignorance!

Anyways, I have a problem with my shower faucets, specifically the shower / tub selector in the middle of the fixture in the attached pic.

When I turn on the water, I get a leak from the selector and when I pull the selector to engage the shower head I'm still getting some water coming out of the faucet. I notice that the water is hot coming out of the faucet where as I have a mix going through the shower head.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

The "selector" is actually called a diverter.This is a waltec faucet. The diverter can be pulled out by removing the handles , retainer collars and housing. and , either replace the o-rings and washers, or replace the entire cartridge

Default Waltec

I haven't seen a faucet like that since the 50's and didn't know anyone still made them. They were originally made by Milwaukee Faucet and were also sold under the Sears "Lady Kenmore" line. They were the faucet of choice for house trailers and RV's because the "Queen Anne" model had a jointed shower riser which could be raised for shower, or lowered for tub, eliminating the need for a diverter.

Thanks for the info - I will try to get to it this weekend.

The building I live in was probably built in the late 70's - early 80's.

I gave it a go this evening but I didn't get very far, though I did find this article online that clarifies things a lot for me:

http://blogs.nimblebrain.net/index.p...ltec_12?blog=2

Hopefully my next attempt will go better!