What is a Good brand of toilet??

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Avoid the builder specials in the Big Box Stores. Kohler, Glacier Bay, and the like are prone for problems. Terry and other plumbers make a pretty good living replacing 1 and 2 year old toilets. I concur with Terry's recommendation of the Toto Dalton for an inexpensive toilet that works. If you can afford a few more dollars, the Toto Drake would be a very good choice.

jimilie

Reaction score
What brand of toilet???

Thank you so very much, fellas!!
I did read horror stories about the Kohler Cimarron!! Glad I did not get that one!!!
Now, I did forget to ask about good brands of a toilet, with an elongated bowl, and ADA height. Same thing, eh, Toto Dalton and Drake, I'll bet...
Thanks again!!!!!

Last edited:

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
How much do you have to spend?

I put in 2 Toto Ultimate II toilets in my house. I like these feature:
1. One-piece - cleaner look, easier to clean, no chance of water leaks between bowl and tank
2. Toto's unique "double cyclone" bowl rinse. Has really good bowl wash.
3. Can get it with "CEFIONTECT" - a treatment of the surface to keep bowl cleaner.

What's the catch? Costs about $400 if memory serves.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks