Who makes a pump saver

Users who are viewing this thread

RayMan

Shared Well Services
Reaction score
The only Pump Saver I can find for a 5HP - 230V Submersible Pump is a Model 235 Mfg by SymCom. The SymCom Pump Saver also requires a Transformer for operation.

Anyone know if this is a good Pump Saver? Is the hand-held diagnostics option worth getting?

Are there any other Companies that make Pump Savers for a 5HP Pump 230V?

How do these units work? What do they really do? :confused:

RayMan

Shared Well Services
Reaction score
The current pressure switch is a 30 - 50 PumpTrol Square D which is the recommended switch for the Proline pressure tanks. Its turned down to about 23psi. Please read my other post titled "5 Hms on a Shared Well . . . . etc." just below this post. My concern is the over cycling or possible long pump run times to fill a dedicated 2,500 gallon storage tank. I administer the well and 2,500 gallons is enough water for almost 4 months based upon the one households usage over the past 5 years. I am trying to avoid any strain the added tanks may put on the well pump and its pressure tanks.

Thank You for Your Reply

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Long pump cycles are not bad for the pump, but short ones are. Why did this guy put a 2400 gallon tank in?

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Cycle Stop Valves Inc. www.cyclestopvalves.com builds a "Cycle Sensor" that works great on a 5 hp 230 volt pump. It's automatic and will shut the pump off in case the well pumps down or for some reason the pump cycles.

I suspect the one users 2500 gallon storage tank is for fire fighting or additional storage in case the pump system goes down for a time. However it will require and additional pump and pressure tank.

Depending on how the well system is connected to the 2500 gallon tank as whether it can back flow into the well system.

In New Mexico it was a standard practice to installed a Well Pump with a Cycle Sensor and pressure tank system feeding a 500 to 5000 gallon unpressurized underground or above ground storage tank for storage and fighting a fire. Then we installed another pump, a cycle stop valve and pressure tank to feed water pressure supply to the house.

Porky Cutter, MGWC
Master Ground Water Consultant

www.dci-inc.us

RayMan

Shared Well Services
Reaction score
Our understanding is that the reason he installed the 2,500 gallon storage tank was, in the event the well pump were to need replacement his household would still have water available while it was being repaired. Their are 5 different households on the one shared well.

If the 2,500 gallon storage tank, which in turn feeds his personal 40 gallon pressure tank, relies upon the shared wells submersible pump, which first feeds five 62 gallon pressure tanks. When he draws water to fill his 40 gallon pressure tank, will the shared well's pump have short cycles?

I can't understand the set up unless he's hiding a pump somewhere . . . If the shared wells pump went bad . . . how is he going to move the water from his storage tank to his pressure tank?? There must be an emergency pump he refuses to use and he wants to use the shared pump maybe thinking his electric bill will be less??

Thank You For Responding

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks