GAS Leak Detector

Users who are viewing this thread

Giles

Retired tool & Die and Mechanic
Reaction score
First of all I would like to express that I am very pleased with this web site. Although responses are sometimes few, every question I have asked in the past, has received professional no-nonsence replys.
With that being said, I have another question. I am just a homeowner that takes great pride in doing all repair jobs that I am safely qualified to do. If I am in dought, I always ask questions. I ocassionally do work on the natural gas system in my home and the only way I have to check for leaks is with water and liquid soap and with liquid leak detector that I bought. I realise that this is a somewhat crude way to check such a critical situation and would like some advise concerning the purchase of a good electronic leak detector.
I am thinking about a small pocket sized model that is about $40.00. Are these good enough for ocassional use?

Giles

Retired tool & Die and Mechanic
Reaction score
I have NEVER seen a reliable unit for less than $200.00 or so. And, a few good answers are better than a plethora of bad or inaccurate ones.
Yes--hj that is what I want, a few good replies instead of nonsence. Many menbers on web sites make a joke out of a question and many times it is ridiculed or hyjacked. I have never had this happen here. I didn't mean that I wanted more answers--I was giving thanks for this site!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks