Pump pressure stays @25 so it won't shut off

Users who are viewing this thread

miss molly

Reaction score
My pump keeps running. The pressure just stays @25. We need to shut it off at the breaker box to stop it. We had frozen pipes the other day and the pump did shut off. We have very hard water. Somebody told me the "nipple" could be clogged. Btw my water tank is only 2 years old so its not a bad bladder.

miss molly

Reaction score
We have to turn the pump on and off at the breaker box, so when we need to use water for a shower or laundry, the pump just has to run constantly.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Is your pump in the well or in the house?

Your pump might be damaged so that it cannot develop any more pressure. It's also possible that the line is leaking in the well or between the well and the house.

miss molly

Reaction score
Our pump is in the house. We are pretty sure theres no leaks. Our well is only 35 feet deep. My husband is thinking about changing the pressure switch and nipple.

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Some debri got in the nozzle of the jet assembly! If the pump has 2 pipes going to the well the jet assembly is in the well and must be removed and cleaned. I suspect you have1 pipegoing to the well or cistern. If that is the case the jet assembly is on the end of the pump. Either way the jet must be disassembled, the venturi removed and then with a 3/4" long socket wrench remove the nozzle and clean it of any debri. The nozzle will have 1/4" hole in it. Clean everything and replace the jet and you'll have pressure again. Pumps don't build pressure, the jet does. When things froze it most likely broke loose some rust and plugged the jet. Clean it out and you'll be fine!

Porky Cutter, MGWC
"Master Geound Water Certified"
www.dci-inc.us

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks