water softener is not pumping water into brine tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

crabby

Reaction score
water softener has stopped pumping water into brine tank. all brine has been removed from the brine tank by the softener unit. there is only dry salt in the brine tank now. what happened Terry?
thanks
wi

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
If you have a float in the salt tank, make sure it is not stuck in the up position; that shuts off water flow into the tank.

Or you could have a blocked screen filter inside either end of the brine line if you have a screen. Or the screen by the injector or the injector or its throat could be blocked. Or the brine line flow control button could be blocked etc. etc..

What brand of softener do you have, or what brand of control valve do you have? If you don't know describe the face in detail as if I was blind and you wanted me to know what it looked like. Or, post a picture.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks