furnace not keeping up

Users who are viewing this thread

Amopower

Reaction score
It seems that my furnace is not kicking on when I think it should, it is colder in here than I have it set. I seem to be able to "jump start" it by turning the emergency switch off and then on. At that point, the furnace will turn on and do its thing - blow air for about 3-5 min or so, then turn off. I wait for it to kick back on to continue heating, but most of the time it doesnt and I need to repeat the above. What could be causing this?

Nukeman

Nuclear Engineer
Reaction score
What type of furnace? I assume you have a heat pump because you mentioned emergency heat, but more details would help. Things like age, model number, size, etc. can also be useful. If it is a heat pump, is there also a gas furnace as well?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks