No hot water in Master Suite ONLY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Mtinrunner

Reaction score
As the title suggests The Master only has lost hot water twice now. The MS has water flow but no hot water. After 2-3 days it comes back on. any ideas? thx

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some shower/tub control valves and even sink single-handle valves can develop a cross-over. This can provide a short-circuit to either hot or cold water...it's usually the hot since it has more restrictions through the water heater - the cold wins and flows through. When this happens, shut off the supply to the sinks or ensure that the control is set to the full-hot or full-cold side (if possible) and see if it clears up. If you find the offending valve, replace the cartridge. This assumes you get flow, but no hot. If the flow shuts off, that's another thing altogether.

Mtinrunner

Reaction score
thanks jadnashua... I was born in Nashua and lived in Hollis. Been in Northern CA Bay area since the 70's hence no frozen pipes. We lost the hot water throughout the house two days ago and ended up being the thermal coupler. Doesn't seem related? but I'll try your suggestion if we lose hot water in the MS again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks