Water Hammer - Setting Storage Tank Pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Budster

Reaction score
I am trying to resolve a water hammer problem at my in-laws house. :eek: The hammer comes only when the pump shuts off and it sounds like a machine gun for a few seconds but quickly fades. :mad: The system is comprised of a 40-60 lb jet pump that feeds through a check valve then into to 20 gallon Wellxtrol storage tank that then feeds into the distribution. Unlike my own system, the pressure gauge and switch for this system are mounted on the pump, not on the storage tank. I’ve been able to isolate the problem to the storage tank and I suspect that there is not enough pressure in the bladder. What is the proper method for checking and setting the pressure for the storage tank? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
:confused:

Speedbump

Reaction score
Take the check valve out of line between the pump and tank. It definately should not be there.

If you need a check valve after removing that one, it needs to go in the well if possible and if not possible, on the front of the pump only if it is a shallow well jet pump.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks