'Water Right Sanitizer Series ' water softener AWP-SE2

Users who are viewing this thread

fernalyn

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with this relatively new water treatment technology?
It poduces chlorine using the brine solution to treat your problem water and secondly sanitizes the synthetic zeolite medium.
I can understand this if your iron problem is organic, and have presence of 'rotten egg gas ' but does it work if the contaminent is clear flow or ferrous iron in the neighbourhood of 7ppm ?
I would greatly appreciate some feedback as I've scowered the web and only come up with manufacturer and dealer related information.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Have used the Sanitizer line in the past here. It works on the Z media.
CR100 is for correction of ph along with iron, hardness removal and will help with the smell.
CR200 is for iron hardness removal and will help with the smell .

I have in the past put the CR100 or CR200 on iron levels over the 7ppm...

Is there a dealer of the units in your area?

Skip Wolverton

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.servicemagic.com
I have a salt customer that has one with h2s in her water. Doesn't work at all to remove the hs2. I went to a Water Rite training class where they showed us how it worked. You could smell the chlorine being producted but I wouldn't sell one.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Has anyone had experience with this relatively new water treatment technology?
It poduces chlorine using the brine solution to treat your problem water and secondly sanitizes the synthetic zeolite medium.
I can understand this if your iron problem is organic, and have presence of 'rotten egg gas ' but does it work if the contaminant is clear flow or ferrous iron in the neighborhood of 7ppm ?
I would greatly appreciate some feedback as I've scowered the web and only come up with manufacturer and dealer related information.
The chlorine does not treat your water, it sanitizes the Zeolite. Water Right is good equipment but Zeolite requires a higher flow rate backwash than resin because it weighs more and that uses more water than resin does. The kinetics isn't as good so you need more Zeolite than resin to get the same K of capacity so the Zeolite softener will be somewhat larger than a resin based unit. The price can be a bit on the high side.

It is proprietary equipment meaning there will be only one local dealer for parts and service if they will sell you parts.

fernalyn

Reaction score
clear flow iron

Thank you all who responded to my Sanitizer AWP-SE2 thread
I am still unclear as to how this unit removes ferrous (clear flow) iron without the pre oxidation process and how effective it is over the long term;
reason being there is always a surprising amount of precipitated iron oxide being flushed out whenever I backwash the Birm filter or flush the oxidation site/tank.
Yes we do have a local dealer. He has been as helpful as he can be in answering my questions; however, I must take into consideration that he has been in this business for only a couple of years; this is a relatively new technology and he is after all in the business of selling, predominantly these 'Water Right' units....replacing, in fact ,many outdated but less complicated Technetic 1000 units ( which required an iron pre filter in my situation).
There was mention of the presence of a chlorine odor when the unit sanitizes, yet reportedly chlorine is odorless until it reacts with an organic compound.
Is that correct? If the major contaminant is ferrous iron would this gassing off still be a problem?
What would you suggest as an alternative solution?Following are my specs.

>Ph 7
>Hardness 20 something ppm
>ferrous iron 7ppm
>turbidity very low.
>1/2 hp deep well pump in a shallow well, one inch delivering...
>15.85 gallons per minute @ 15 psi

Bob999

Reporter
Reaction score
I have no personal experience with the system but have reviewed some literature about it. I think I can answer your question: how does this unit removes clear water iron?

The media in the tank, zeolite, removes ferrous iron, hardness, and manganese in the same way that the resins used in most water softeners remove these from the water--by ion exchange. There is an exchange of sodium ions for the iron, hardness and manganese.

The resin used in most modern water softeners is degraded by chlorine so regular use of chlorine will shorten the life of the resin. Zeolite, a naturally occuring mineral, is not degraded by chlorine and it appears that the makers of the Sanitizer have chosen Zeolite for this reason. The unit generates chlorine by passing an electric current through the brine solution. This technology is used in swimming pools and you can read more about it on pool supply websites.

So as Gary says only the brine contains the chlorine and the brine, with chlorine, is used to regenerate/sanitize the media periodically.

The iron removal is done by the Zeolite media.

Bob999

Reporter
Reaction score
Chlorine odor is normally caused by chloramines--partially reacted chlorine and organic matter. In swimming pools the technique to deal with this is "shocking" which can be done by raising the free chlorine level in the pool to a level which results in a complete reaction and the "burning" of the chloramines.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Chlorine odor is normally caused by chloramines--partially reacted chlorine and organic matter. In swimming pools the technique to deal with this is "shocking" which can be done by raising the free chlorine level in the pool to a level which results in a complete reaction and the "burning" of the chloramines.
That reads as if chlorine doesn't have an odor on its own, and bleach has an odor of chlorine and it has no organics in it. Chloramine is created by water companies adding ammonia to their chlorinated water. My wife used to be employed by a chlorine manufacturer and says chlorine definitely has an odor, of chlorine.

Chlorine reacting with organic matter in water usually causes DPBs known as THMS; disinfection by products and trihalomethanes; which are known carcinogens.

Shocking a pool means a volume of chlorine is added to totally disinfect the water etc.. The same as for a water well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks