low water pressure after insall

Users who are viewing this thread

jimy

Reaction score
had a new softner installed today is it normal to have a lower pressure at all the taps? maybe its a first day thing?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
If there is a bypass handle on the softener , change it from service to bypass and check the pressure.

If it is better in bypass that in service, then the system has a problem.

jimy

Reaction score
the installer forgot to open the main valve all the way open. now im about 90% what i had before. is that normal?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Check the screens in any facit for sand like items that might have stopped at the screen.

Is the low flow at just one point or at many around the house?

There will be some pressure drop when any thing is put in the water stream..

Towman

Many Hats, few paychecks
Reaction score
Gary
My whes-40 manual states a 10 psi drop across input to output. Is this just a max or is this normal? Just curious as to your thoughts.
Towman

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Gary
My whes-40 manual states a 10 psi drop across input to output. Is this just a max or is this normal? Just curious as to your thoughts.
Towman
That is at a certain gpm flow rate. It is the max gpm at that psi loss. Or you could say you will suffer an X psi loss if you use that much gpm. And usually i wouldn't want to run it at that gpm for more than a few minutes or you will start getting hard water through the softener.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Gary
Towman

The specs. for your unit actually list a 12 psig Pressure Drop at Rated Service Flow

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks