(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Questions on venting my basement bathroom plumbing...

DIY Junior Member

Default Questions on venting my basement bathroom plumbing...

Currently finishing my basement and am now working on the bathroom. I'm installing a Saniflo macerating unit with a toilet, shower and sink flowing to it. I DO NOT have any pre-plumbed venting. Obviously I'm below grade (single family ranch) and cannot access my existing plumbing vent stacks. What are my options to vent these items to the outside? If I vent them out the side of my house, will they smell?

Quote Originally Posted by bearnuts View Post
    If I vent them out the side of my house, will they smell?
    As long as you take the vent pipe up to the roof line, and abide by certain code conditions, you won't smell a thing

DIY Junior Member

OK, thanks for the response. Can ya give me an idea on how to do that? All the walls upstairs are insulated, so how do I get the pipe to the roof line?

Test, Don't Guess! cacher_chick's Avatar

Installing a vent from the basement in a single-story ranch shouldn't be that big of a deal. If you fear running a pipe through a wall you could always "hide" it in the back corner of a closet. Interior walls are usually easy work.

Fishing wires and plumbing through existing walls is a good skill more DIY folks should practice.

This would be typical in order not to go through the house. All piping on the exterior of house will be 3" minimum in most juresdictions
    Attached Images Attached Images