Fitting a drainage tube on an air gap (I cut it - is that wrong?)

Users who are viewing this thread

diydina

Reaction score
We are trying to install an air gap, after having dirty water drain back in our dishwasher. The drain tube was really long and looped all over the "under sink" area. I thought it would be more efficient to shorten it, but the tube now won't fit on the skinny end of the air gap I bought. My husband is at Home Depot now searching for a new tube (and mad at me). I bought one to use to attach the fat end of the air gap to the dishwasher (7/8" drain tube). I just wanted to use the one that came with the dishwasher with the other end. My husband cut it when I said I wanted it shorter - which led to the problem on it not fitting anymore (too small). What did I do wrong? Is it okay to have all that extra tubing? Is there a way to fix it, aside from buying a new tube (that still has that little rubber dohicky on the end to attach it to the airgap)?

air_gap_dearborn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks