Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Here is a very funky looking toilet.
Jamie wanted me to take a picture of the trapway and how tight the bends were.
This must have been an early 90's toilet, with the "dam" around the flush valve to prevent the tank from draining out.
We popped this toilet out and put in a Toto Ultramax.

toilet_funky.jpg

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
These toilets didn't last very long. I have one in my basement.Found it when I bought the house. I think they were made to only flush liquids (no solids) these are crap (no pun intended). I removed the dam, and it does flush solids now. The dams were a bad design to try and save water. I think they were pre 6L flush toilets.

JCturboT

Reaction score
I had that very same toilet in my Home as well.
It never plugged on me in the 8+ years it was here, but I got tired of the small water spot and constant cleaning so I replaced it with a ADA Toto Drake.

Jeff

stroh1940

Reaction score
Need sponge seat and spacers for a Funky Aqualine toilet

I replaced the damn "dam" on an Aqualine toilet. The seat gasket and two side spacers were damaged. The numbers inside the tank are:
'1852
4 22 92

Where can I buy replacement parts?

Thanks,

Jim

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Jim, your question should be not WHERE can I buy replacement parts, but WHY should I buy replacement parts. This was a dog when it was new and there sure are far better toilets available today.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Fluidmaster tank rebuild kit may work for you.

The handle in the kit won't be the right one, but the Eljer Side Mount may work.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
the 4 22 92 is probably the manufacture date. If so, it's almost certainly a 3.5g flush toilet. During that time, few of the (then) new low-flow toilets worked very well, some still don't. You may want to put any money towards a new 1.6 or 1.28g flush toilet, may be eligible for a rebate, and get with the conservation theme (and, if you pick a good one) improve performance. Parts are generally easier to find on a new toilet rather than one non-standard one from nearly 20-years ago.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Normally in 1992, the dam would have been used to reduce it to 1.6 gallons.
Not many 1992 toilets were good though. Later on they figured out how to do it without the dam.

The Fluidmaster kit has an adjustable flapper.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks