Shower / Tub Selector Leak?

Users who are viewing this thread

jcbel

Reaction score
Hi this is my first post on the forum - I've never done anything more complicated than replacing a washer on a compression faucet so please excuse any ignorance!

Anyways, I have a problem with my shower faucets, specifically the shower / tub selector in the middle of the fixture in the attached pic.

4281065022_e9d44d957b.jpg

When I turn on the water, I get a leak from the selector and when I pull the selector to engage the shower head I'm still getting some water coming out of the faucet. I notice that the water is hot coming out of the faucet where as I have a mix going through the shower head.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance! :)

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
The "selector" is actually called a diverter.This is a waltec faucet. The diverter can be pulled out by removing the handles , retainer collars and housing. and , either replace the o-rings and washers, or replace the entire cartridge

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Waltec

I haven't seen a faucet like that since the 50's and didn't know anyone still made them. They were originally made by Milwaukee Faucet and were also sold under the Sears "Lady Kenmore" line. They were the faucet of choice for house trailers and RV's because the "Queen Anne" model had a jointed shower riser which could be raised for shower, or lowered for tub, eliminating the need for a diverter.

jcbel

Reaction score
Thanks for the info - I will try to get to it this weekend. :)

The building I live in was probably built in the late 70's - early 80's.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks