Pressure switch problems ,,,,,I think

Users who are viewing this thread

cajunguy1947

Reaction score
This is a tough one......I have recently had problems with my deep water well pumping system.......I have checked all of the electrical system and it seems ok.....The problem is, the system shuts off completly and oddly enough the only way to get it running again is a tap on the box that the contacts are located in.....any help would be appricated...

Bo Cedotal

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You need to remove the pressure switch and clean out the line that runs to it as well as the inlet to the switch itself.

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
The pressure switch needs to be replaced. It is more than likely pitted and burned. When they get pitted, that makes it hard for the points to make good contact.
Just swap it out with a new one, and you should be ok.

While you have the power off, if you have a bladder tank, make sure it has 1 to 2 psi less than the cut on pressure of the new switch.
If you have a none bladder tank, go ahead and drain the tank dry, so it will have a fresh start.

Travis

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks