Combicor vs. Genesis vs "on demand" for small unit hydronic heating & H water

Users who are viewing this thread

Gellfex

Reaction score
I'm adding real heat to my 4th small apartment. The 1st, a pro job, was a disaster, using a small cast iron boiler with a 40 gal heat exchanger on a zone for domestic hot water. It's huge, inefficient and needs constant cleaning.

The next 2, also pro installs, used a package known as a "Genesis", a Bradford-White 40 gal water heater with a bronze circulator for hydronic and a tempering valve for domestic. They're small footprint and work like a charm in these 450 sf units, no maintenance at all after setup.

Now I'm trying to decide whether to just do it again, use a Bradford-White Combicor which is actually designed for this but is more expensive and requires more peripheral hardware, or a wall hung unit like a Embassy Combi unit. I'm reluctant to do the Embassy since it has a blower, and would be louder in this small apt than a water heater based system, though it would be more efficient.

Anyone have any experiences with these products?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks