Washing Machine Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

sbiggs65

Reaction score
I have lived in my house for 7+ years. Up until about 4 or 5 months ago, we weren't having any problems with our washing maching drain. When it drains, we can hear the water filling up the drain pipe. If we don't unplug the washer, the water overflows. What could be wrong now that wasn't wrong the first 6-1/2 years?

Bpetey

Reaction score
6 1/2 years of lint build up. call a plumber to snake the drain.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
In addition to snaking the drain, you should check the size of the standpipe and drain line. In ye olden times, 1-1/2" was sufficient. However, today's machines pump their water out at a much higher rate so a 2" drain is not required. Even if your current machine is one of the older ones, eventually you will get a new one that will require the 2" so this might be a good time to upgrade if necessary. Have the plumber who snakes the clog examine your situation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks