Hot water amount

Users who are viewing this thread

alpercata1

Reaction score
I have a Peerless Boilers Series WBV/WV oil burner that was installed in 2007. I consistantly run out of hot water within five minutes, in the shower. Any thoughts on what the problem might be will be appreciated.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I think I'd install an indirect water heater tank. It sounds like you have an in boiler coil. It might need demineralization, or the aquastat is not keeping the imersion tank hot enough, or it wasn't installed with the proper flow restriction so it can pick up enough heat. If it has a tempering valve, that could have failed, and it is mixing too much cold water in. Those are adjustable, and if you have one, I'd try that first. It would be on the output of the boiler, with both hot and cold inputs, and the mixed outlet goes to the rest of the hot water users. There may be a knob or a hex key hole to enable adjustment.

If the boiler has a temperature readout, what temp is it set to or holding?

Reaction score
I have a Peerless Boilers Series WBV/WV oil burner that was installed in 2007. I consistantly run out of hot water within five minutes, in the shower. Any thoughts on what the problem might be will be appreciated.

An additional comment/question: what is the flowrate of the showerhead? The older 5 gpm types could use up hot water pretty quickly. For the past however many years 2.5 gpm "low flow" have been the standard.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks