Squirrels in Plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Kheard

Reaction score
Two of them were found inside the drain pipe to the sink of my upstairs master bathroom. They apparently got in through the 3" vent on the roof. The problem is I think there's still one in there...

I discovered this problem after returning from a two week vacation.
I'm up to $725 in plumbing costs alone to remove these little buggers, not to mention drywall repair...

However, I've noticed my sink is still not draining the way it was before I went out of town for two weeks...

My questions is: if there still is a squirrel(s) down there, would pouring something like Muriatic Acid, or Drano help?

And, has anyone ever heard of this happening before?

I am going to call the plumber back tomorrow. I do have a 30 day guarantee, but I am afraid he is still going to try and charge me more and I don't have it!

Thanks for your help!

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
Don't use any acid or drain cleaner. It'l destroy the plumbers snake. He will know and You'll be billed. You may have a blocked vent or vent pipes. a camera may be needed

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

I have never heard of animals in a sink drain line. They usually appear in toilets because they can see the light shining through the trap seal down into the pipes and they follow it. If you still have squirrels in the pipe, why would they NOT charge you, assuming it was draining properly when they left. It it was not, then you should not have paid them in the first place.

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score
If you had a squirrel problem, I would hope you had your plumber put some type of cap or screen to block access to the vent pipe.

Otherwise you can have a new family that moved in! Squirrels are a PITA in attics, I can only imagine in plumbing.

Best of luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks