flammable vapour sensors

Users who are viewing this thread

iconicplumber

JMan plumber/gasfitter
Reaction score
there is no jumper ability due to the fact that it is a carbon/silicone conductor with 25k ohms resistance. it draws on the line voltage circuit that energizes the hot surface igniter when in the presence of gasoline vapors, generating more resistance on the circuit thereby reducing the line voltage a fraction. when the voltage drops the gas valve solenoid de-energizes.

i'm gonna try a piece of pencil graphite(lead) to jumper it out! will advise that the part should never be jumpered out as it is part of the saftey circuit.

although pencil lead is a conductor it has no resistance, so this will not work!

any other ideas?

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
there is no jumper ability due to the fact that it is a carbon/silicone conductor with 25k ohms resistance. it draws on the line voltage circuit that energizes the hot surface igniter when in the presence of gasoline vapors, generating more resistance on the circuit thereby reducing the line voltage a fraction. when the voltage drops the gas valve solenoid de-energizes.

i'm gonna try a piece of pencil graphite(lead) to jumper it out! will advise that the part should never be jumpered out as it is part of the saftey circuit.

although pencil lead is a conductor it has no resistance, so this will not work!

any other ideas?

Buy a replacment sensor, and forget about jumpering it. Last one I had to buy was around 30 bucks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks