Kitchen faucet ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Dale1

Reaction score
Hey
I installed a new kitchen faucet about 2-weeks ago, Now when turn it on it taste and looks like dishwasher water for a while. I have never had this problem before. I installed a anabelle faucet by moen. Any advice will be appr.
Thanks Dale

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
The faucet didn't cause that result. I suspect you shut off the water to the entire house, disturbing the inside of your existing piping , loosening any particles and flowing out.

Have youy checked the rest of the house to see if you get the same rusult in your bathroom sink and tub??

Flushing your water lines for about 10 minutes or so. As you use it through the day the color will get better.

Dale1

Reaction score
I didnt cut the water off to the house. I just cut off the hot and cold water under the sink. Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Did you replace the supply lines to the faucet.

I know one homeowner that started using bottled water after the kitchen faucet was replaced.

I removed the old plastic reinforced supply lines and replaced with new braided stainless and the taste problem went away.

Dale1

Reaction score
Did you replace the supply lines to the faucet.

I know one homeowner that started using bottled water after the kitchen faucet was replaced.

I removed the old plastic reinforced supply lines and replaced with new braided stainless and the taste problem went away.

No I used my existing steel braided supply Lines.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks