Accidently punctured poly from well to tank

Users who are viewing this thread

JON

Reaction score
This is a commercial building. Storage tank is near back center.100' all under the concrete floor. New tenant needed new plumbing so slab was cut be able to run new sewer lines. Plumber was digging trench and his pick punchered the line.This is about half way. He planned to put in a brass splice and says that will work. When all the new sewer lines are completed the concrete that was removed will be replaced burying the splice.My concern is what the potential for a future leak and the problems that will cause. Whats the potential for a future leak? Is there a expert who should inspect the splice before its covered up? Should I insist on a complete new line be installed? It could be done but very dificult because of the obsticles to reenter the building from the outside. Thanks

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
We can not answer since a "brass splice" could mean anything...that is not a term that I know of...

please ask him what a brass splice is and let us know more specificly...

Last edited:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I assume it's a brass insert fitting with ss clamps in which case it should be fine.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
yep, stainless would be a better choice but I got the impression that it was a done deal and covered up already.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
yep, stainless would be a better choice but I got the impression that it was a done deal and covered up already.
You could have scrolled up a bit and checked but...

Quote; He planned to put in a brass splice and says that will work. When all the new sewer lines are completed the concrete that was removed will be replaced burying the splice.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I could have but my arthur itis is acting up and it hurts to scroll up. Not down, just up. :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks