(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Kitchen faucet ?

DIY Junior Member

Default Kitchen faucet ?

Hey
    I installed a new kitchen faucet about 2-weeks ago, Now when turn it on it taste and looks like dishwasher water for a while. I have never had this problem before. I installed a anabelle faucet by moen. Any advice will be appr.
    Thanks Dale

The faucet didn't cause that result. I suspect you shut off the water to the entire house, disturbing the inside of your existing piping , loosening any particles and flowing out.

Have youy checked the rest of the house to see if you get the same rusult in your bathroom sink and tub??

Flushing your water lines for about 10 minutes or so. As you use it through the day the color will get better.

DIY Junior Member

I didnt cut the water off to the house. I just cut off the hot and cold water under the sink. Thanks

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Did you replace the supply lines to the faucet.

I know one homeowner that started using bottled water after the kitchen faucet was replaced.

I removed the old plastic reinforced supply lines and replaced with new braided stainless and the taste problem went away.

DIY Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Did you replace the supply lines to the faucet.

I know one homeowner that started using bottled water after the kitchen faucet was replaced.

I removed the old plastic reinforced supply lines and replaced with new braided stainless and the taste problem went away.
    No I used my existing steel braided supply Lines.