Is it possible to have both an oil and gas burner?

Users who are viewing this thread

Richb2

Reaction score
I have oil in my house. I have noticed that the price of oil fluctuates alot and is quite a bit more expensive to heat with than natural gas, right now. Is it possible to get an gas burner installed but to be able to switch between the gas furnace or the oil furnace back and forth? I have hot water radiators and a few floors heated with radiant. I already have a gas line into my home. Is it price prohibitive to get this arrainged?

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Years back there ws a switchable burner made but alas, no longer. the only thing you can do is go with either multiple units or change burners.

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
I have never heard of a oil/natural gas burner for residential before. The only ones that I am aware of , are used by the US Navy http://www.ablecompany.com/L2.html

In my area, we used to have conversion burners to go from oil, convert to gas. I don't think they are available anymore (I could be wrong, not much call for conversion anymore, much more as total replacements)

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks