Bosch DLX Series

Users who are viewing this thread

Tarapy

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
We have rented a home that currently has a Bosch DLX Series dishwasher. I timed it the last few times I used and it is taking well over 1 1/2 hours to complete a regular wash cycle. Should this take place? If not, what could it possibly be? I do not want to call the landlord unless necessary. I have utilized a Sears Kenmore dishwasher before and it certainly did not take that long to wash the dishes. Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That could be entirely normal. Things that can extend the cleaning cycle are temperature boost (if the incoming water isn't hot enough), and the cycle chosen, and whether you choose a drying cycle. Many also have sensors that look at the water going through the pump to see how dirty it is, and extend the cycle if that looks dirty. A pots and pans cycle is often longer than a light, or china setting.

If the dishes are clean when it's done, my guess is it is enitirely normal.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a relatively new Bosch DW, I don't recall the model, but it takes about 110 minutes to complete a cycle. I believe this is due to Bosch's heat drying feature. I am totally impressed with the cleaning quality and the quite operation. I think you're machine is operating normally.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks