(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Trench Drains in existing concrete

DIY Junior Member

Question Trench Drains in existing concrete

Hello,
    I'm starting a dog wash business, but I'm in the preliminary planning stage. This business will require not only water supply to four tubs in a row on one wall, but also a couple of trench drains in between the tubs. There will be a series of (5) 4-foot long drains spaced 6 feet apart (between the tubs). The problem is that I will need someone to tear apart the existing concrete and then install the drains. The area of concrete to be worked on is approx. 32 x 7 feet. I know this is a very broad description, but would anyone have an estimate on how much this will cost? Any suggestions on additional features that I should consider when the work is being done? Any plumber in the SW Chicago suburbs that you would recommend?

Thank you VERY much for your help!

Plumbing Designer FloridaOrange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by michelle s View Post
    Hello,
    Any suggestions on additional features that I should consider when the work is being done?

A pet hair trap may save you alot of issues in the future and it may be required in your jurisdiction.
    I spec'd something similar to this Hair/Lint Trap for a large humane society.
    Matt
    Semi-professional plumbing designer
    Enjoying life in SW Florida

Default drains

Cutting the concrete, installing the drains, and then repairing the concrete, may be easy as far as estimating a cost, once you know the rates in your area, but the unknown is WHERE and HOW the drains will be connected to an existing system. Only someone who is THERE and sees the actual job can determine the final cost.

Plumbing Designer FloridaOrange's Avatar

I just looked at the job and they used Petlift/Vetlift Medical Qqua Quest 58 U for the pet wash stations.
    Matt
    Semi-professional plumbing designer
    Enjoying life in SW Florida

DIY Junior Member

Thanks for your help...I figured I would have to wait until I get someone to the storefront to estimate costs. I was hoping to get a ballpark figure to work into my business plan to submit for some loans. Thank you once again. Any other information would be helpful!