well stopped in freezing weather w. Pumptec

Users who are viewing this thread

nrabek

Reaction score
I have a 6 year old well that suddenly stopped pumping water during this long freeze. The temperature has been into the single digits with highs in the teens and low twenties. The well has a Pumptec control on it, put on a few years ago when a running toilet while we were gone for a couple of days ran the well dry. The well head is protected by a concrete tile and fiberglass insulation. The valve on top opens easily but no water. When the Pumptec is reset it goes to run mode for 3 to 4 seconds then switches to underload. The line goes from the well head uphill to a reservoir then by gravity to 2 houses. If the line up the reservoir is frozen, either within the wellhead, or from the wellhead to the reservoir, would that make the Pumptec switch to the underload status or is it more possible that the pump is broken or the well dry? Thanks for your help.

nrabek

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I will check that tomorrow. We are supposed to get above freezing for a while over the next couple of days. I will let you know how it turns out.

nrabek

Reaction score
Yes, that was it. A little heat and all is good. The Pumptec saved the system and we are back on the well and off the spring.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks