Kenmore Water Softener - Discharging via Overflow Line

Users who are viewing this thread

pgdaboys

Reaction score
I have a Kenmore Deluxe Demand Water Softener that is approximately 12 years old. Lately, I've noticed that while the master bathtub is being filled, the water softener discharges water to the overflow drain. I don't know if this has just started occurring or perhaps I just never noticed before... at any rate, can anyone tell me if this normal or is it indicative of a problem that needs to be corrected? Thanks!

pgdaboys

Reaction score
Thanks guys - I was afraid you'd say that! I guess that gives me another project :)

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Let us and the others know what you find out as to where the leak is at.

Skip Wolverton

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.servicemagic.com
The drain seal inside the valve is springed assisted. I've seen the stick and run to the drain. If it is weak, maybe the flow to the tub allows the drain seal to open. Just a thought.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks