Venting Sewage Ejector

Users who are viewing this thread

woodrow_toronto

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just purchased a home built in 1880 and as such the basement sanitary waste line is about 12" above the basement floor slab. The previous owners installed a basement bathroom (sink, toilet,tub) which drains to a sewage ejector that pumps the waste out. The fixtures were not vented correctly (just into a wall cavity) and I am attempting to make it right, and also avoid some
cabinetry. Attached is my crude drawing of what I would like to do, I've read a bit about loop vents and not sure if they are legal outside of island sinks; and if the attached layout would vent properly for my situation? I've not shown the toilet, it's right next to the pump and not vented. I believe the rule of thumb is the vent line cannot be horizontal (with slight slope) until a vertical run is made to 6" above the fixture being served?

Thanks in advance

Woodrow (Toronto, Ontario)

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 4,083

woodrow_toronto

Reaction score
Thanks HJ, I will change the y to a t, I;m working on it right now!. Since I'm connecting directly into the stack with the sink vent do I still require the additional vent run above just before the stack? I think it might not be reuquired as no waste is flowing though that pipe?

thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks