Upflush Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Patsy3

Reaction score
Upflush toilet problem w/ pics
We have an up-flush under floor toilet that leaked and caused the sub-floor plywood above the tank/under the toilet to rot. As a result we did not use the toilet for several years and now want to repair it. The top of the plastic tank has warped slightly and there is a 1 1/8" to 1 1/4" gap between the top of the tank and the top of the subfloor, around the tank opening. Pictures are attached.
74902644.jpg

41007320.jpg

How do we get a reliable seal between the toilet and the tank?

Mods: sorry meant to post in Toilet forum please move if you like.

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
First, let me tell you I know absolutely nothing about up flush toilets. However, it is pretty obvious that the plastic tank must be sealed to be able to use it. I really do not see this as a DIY job. In fact, I have serious doubts that a professional can repair it. My advise to you is to have a professional look at it and go from there. Is it possible to replace the tank? Let me rephrase that. Would it be worth the expense to replace it? Almost anything is possible given enough money to throw into it.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

The toilet is intended to sit on the tank. ANYTHING between it and the tank will be a possible leak especially if it is wood which will absorb the water flowing through the opening.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks