Updating shower trim

Users who are viewing this thread

ras1050

Reaction score
Good day all. I'm a new subscriber and need a little assistance. I'm in process of updating shower with new door, shower head and handles. Question relates to value, stem & handles. Is the value universal, i.e. can I install Moem stems in a Delta value or am I restricted to the original make and how do I identify the manufacture. Any suggestions as to my options would be greatly appreciated.

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
Valve stems and trim can not be interchanged. If you post a picture of the faucet someone may be able to identify it.

John

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Virtually NO interchangeability between brands, and even between different models of the same brand.

Your choices will be limited depending on how common your model is. You may be able to find the same trim in an updated color like brush nickel, and you might even be able to find a different style. Pictures please.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Last summer I wanted to update the trim on my Delta shower/tub valve. Found that while the cartridges are still available, the trim isn't. This lead to the new Delta 1700 control which I love, and it meets current code requirements.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks