(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Column Radiators and Baseboard radiators

ACO Shower Drain Sales johnfrwhipple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have them! 5 Baseboards and 12 Column radiators.

jfrwhipple@gmail.com - www-no-curb.com - 604 506 6792

Always get construction advice double checked by your local city hall. Flood Test Every Shower - Every Time.

Blog Entries

Default Painting Column Radiators

So I finally dug out my sprayer, cleaned it up and got it dial'd in to paint these column radiators and baseboard radiators of mine. The radiators all came primed grey and I choose to do the painting myself. After two years I think it's time they get painted!

Here is a look.

I found that the latex paint did not spray that well and found that a 80 percent paint and 20 percent water mix was perfect for the latex paint I was using. I mixed it in small amounts and sprayed the plastic walls of my wife's garage until I dialed in the proper air and flow rates.

This face mask is my favourite and very comfortable to wear.

Taking shape.

These pictures where taken after two primer coats and one finish coat. I will spray them once more tonight and then finish the painting by hand once installed. The radiators are so heavy that I did not want to move the ropes around after each coat.

Always get construction advice double checked by your local city hall. Flood Test Every Shower - Every Time.

Blog Entries

Column Radiator painting.

Painting them in position took forever. Lucky I only had three hooked up. It will most likely be faster to remove this one and the others and spray them properly.

JW

Blog Entries

After months and months of leaving the kitchen rad not running I broke down and tried some PC 11 as a band aid repair. The top left connection between the two fins started leaking when I prepped the rad for paint.

The PC 11 seams to have done the trick and after five days the rad has not leaked a drop. I'm not sure if the rad rusted shut or if the PC 11 did the trick but either way me and my girls are happy to have heat in the kitchen!

JW

Blog Entries

After months and months of leaving the kitchen rad not running I broke down and tried some PC 11 as a band aid repair. The top left connection between the two fins started leaking when I prepped the rad for paint.

The PC 11 seams to have done the trick and after five days the rad has not leaked a drop. I'm not sure if the rad rusted shut or if the PC 11 did the trick but either way me and my girls are happy to have heat in the kitchen!

JW