bathtub drain question

Users who are viewing this thread

Congaman59

Reaction score
I have a tub with a built in drain shoe. The lever broke right behind the mounting plate. then as I was taking it out of the tub I lost he spring down the drain! Is this part something I should be able to find at Home Depot, or Lowes, or will I have to go to a Plumbing supply store to get it?
I'm hoping it's not something that is part of the original bathtub, and is still available.
I attached a picture of the part in question.

Attachments

• DSCF2348.jpg
    DSCF2348.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 340

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
You can buy just the face plate and attach the existing plunger or get the complete assemble. Big box stores may have them either way.

John

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

The spring should not cause a problem, but if you can find a small magnet on a string and drop it down the pipe it will be retrieved. The overflow plate is a generic item, just be sure to use a brass cotter key to attach the clevis to it. If the new one comes with a steel cotter pin, reuse the brass one from your old drain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks