repairing a section of cpcv pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

huliman

Reaction score
:confused: After cutting out a section of FlowGuard cpcv pipe with a leaking elbo attached to a T, how do I re-insert the new section into the new sleeves on the ends of the two sections from which it was cut? It doesn't seem like the pipe is flexable enough to bend and angle it into the sleeve. Do I apply the cement on both ends, try to fit the pipe into the sleeves and position it all at the same time?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pipe

You cannot repair ANY pipe without being able to move the two sections apart far enough to insert the repair, either by flexing them or spreading them. If you cannot move the two ends you either need to use a union or multiple fittings to create a means of fitting things together. DO NOT try to insert the pipe into a fitting, and then pull the fitting back onto the other side.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks