(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: electric heater

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Port View Post
    The question was dealing with circuit capacity, not connection integrity.
    Connection integrity affects circuit capacity, in non-obvious ways.

Here's a Rorschach-like test for you. For 10 points, referring to my avatar, are you the kid or the snake?
    Explain your answer.
    Last edited by Thatguy; 01-09-2010 at 08:09 AM.

But even with a circuit that is intact there would still be an issue of whether the circuit could support that potential load. I don't know why you feel you must cloud the issue.

Circuit intergrity would effect anthing plugged in. It would just have a greater impact with larger loads. Even a dedicated 20 amp circuit could have issues if there were poor quality connections.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Port View Post
    But even with a circuit that is intact there would still be an issue of whether the circuit could support that potential load. I don't know why you feel you must cloud the issue.

Circuit intergrity would effect anthing plugged in. It would just have a greater impact with larger loads. Even a dedicated 20 amp circuit could have issues if there were poor quality connections.
    What you see as clouding the issue I see as pointing out non-obvious things that may cause trouble, while not rehashing the previous replies. On Internet forums, resi. bad connections seem pretty common, and commonly baffling, to the HO.

There is a book by DV Lindley on Decision Making, and in it he points out the value in listing all possible outcomes of a decision. I use this advice to try to think of all possible problems that may be reasonably encountered.

Neither is easy, listing outcomes or foreseeing problems.
    Last edited by Thatguy; 01-09-2010 at 10:18 AM.