Toilet help

Users who are viewing this thread

mmwmag

Reaction score
My head is spinning about toilets! I've read so much about them that I am thoroughly confused. We have a toilet in our Master Bath that needs to be plunged two to three times a month - and I'm tired of it!! It's a gravity - and I know it's not the top of the line, but it makes me scared to get another gravity. So - we were thinking of a pressure assist. But, Terry swears by Toto and they don't have pressure assists. Plus, a lot of people have issues with the sound. What do I get? I want a toilet that will flush just once - and take everything with it. I don't want to have to keep a plunger in my bathroom anymore! Please, please help me...

We actually need two new toliets that flush. Our Master is up on the second floor, which is the worst, but also our guest half bath on the first floor gets plunged, but only once or twice a year. Help! :confused: mmwmag

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Pressure assisted toilets were/are an attempt to make poorly designed low flow toilets work. They failed the test. While they may work OK for awhile, they tend to break and are extremely expensive to repair. Often the parts have to be factory ordered which means you're without a toilet for 2 weeks or more. Toto did not try to use old full flow designs with less water to meet low flow requirements. Instead, they scientifically designed their toilets to work the way a toilet should work and using less water in the process. In fact, many of the newer models now only use 1.28 gallons per flush. There is nothing wrong with gravity flush, just with some of the toilets that use poor designs.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
When I have a customer with a problem plumbing situation, and the toilet is not flushing like it should, then I wind up trying the Toto Drake or similar product.

Sometimes the pressure assist just doesn't move everything in some homes.
So if I have a pressure assist, and still no go, I just bolt in a Toto Drake.
They haven't failed me yet.

We sell and install a few thousand toilets a year, so we see a lot of situations.

mmwmag

Reaction score
Thank you both for your replies. After I left my posting last night, my husband - who, by the way, was totally against getting gravity, he wanted a Kohler power assist and that was it - I had him sit down with me and opened up your website, Terry. He read your reviews and looked at all your ratings and descriptions and now he is very open to buying a Toto. I'm glad you put down the Toto Drake. He was open to buying one, but which one was still an issue! I had remarked on the Drake and now that you said that would be a good try I think we'll go with that!! Thank you so much for your quick replies! If I need more help, I'll be back!!!:) mmwmag

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks