Moen Vertical SPA 243

Users who are viewing this thread

ManShri

Reaction score
We are adding a new bedroom and master bath with custom shower. As part of the project would like to install a showerhead/Handheld shower with body sprays.
My wife has selected the Moen Monticello collection vertial SPA 243

http://www.moen.com/monticello/chrome-moentrol-r-vertical-spa/_/R-CONSUMER:243

This collection requires Moen 3330 valve which will provide 3 way control. This one does not come with hand-held shower, my question is can I add a hand shower and use either showerhead or handshower by using a diverter? I am not looking to use more than 2 function at any given time. I was thinking of adding a diverter to the connection to shower head and use that either to select showerhead or handshower.

I called up Moen and 2 representatives gave me different answers, one said yes, other said I should go with Moen 275 as what I am trying to do is not tested. Moen 275 is more expensive (almost $500more) and requires more water, my current water heater is 75 gallons.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

moen_243.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks