Toto Ultramax installation advice please

Users who are viewing this thread

pmcewan27

Reaction score
Hi there, great forum which I have found very educational.

I'm continually having problems with a 2-piece Kohler toilet and need to plunge it almost half of the time I use it. It's recently started leaking so I've decided I'm going to buy the Toto Ultramax which appears to be one of the best buys for problem-free toilet usage.

My question is, if I go ahead an order this toilet, will I be able to remove the existing one and install the Toto myself?

I've got zero plumbing experience but it looks like it will just be a case of unbolting and removing the existing toilet, bolting on the Toto Ultramax (maybe installing a wax ring?), then sealing the new toilet to the floor. Can it really be as simple as that?

I've checked the thread created by Terry's son on new toilet installation and it looks pretty straightforward.

Thanks for any input.
Paul

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It's pretty much a pull and stick installation with an Ultramax.
They weigh 85 pounds.
Jamie is 225 and carries them with one arm.
You wouldn't want to arm wrestle him though.
Not if you still want feeling in your arm.

Pick up two wax rings, new closet bolts and a new supply tube.

Unless the flange is higher then the floor, you will need both wax rings.

Attachments

• 173328-R1-7_4.jpg
    173328-R1-7_4.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 447

weaver

Reaction score
I'm 71 and not extra strong. I've installed 2 ecoUltraMaxs in the last year with no difficulty. One of the factors that helps is that the toilet's weight is evenly balanced front to back at a very convenient & secure handhold. We're very pleased with them. We would seriously recommend Sanigloss; it makes cleaning so easy. Not a plumber.

Bob

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks